QuarkChain is an innovative permissionless blockchain architecture that aims to meet the global-wise commercial standard. It provides a secure, decentralized and scalable blockchain solution to deliver 1,000,000+ on-chain TPS.
The main features of QuarkChain are:
1. Reshardable two-layered blockchain. Quarkchain consists of 2 layers. The first one offers elastic sharding. The second layer-also known as root blockchain- confirms the blocks of the first layer. The second layer can also be resharded as needed without changing the root layer.
2. Guaranteed security by market- driven collaborative mining-basically, to ensure the security of all transactions at least 50% of the overall hash power is allocated to the root blockchain preventing double spending attacks.
3. Anti-centralized horizontal scalability- Quarkchain allows multiple cheap nodes that form a cluster to replace a super full node.
4. Efficient cross-shard transactions. The cross-shard transactions can be issued at any given moment and confirmed within minutes. The speed of the cross-shard transaction increases as the number of shards increases.
5. Simple account management- only 1 account needed for the all the blockchains(shards) in Quarkchain. All cryptocurrencies from different shards are stored in one smart wallet.
6. Quarkchain will support smart contracts via EVM. Most of the existing DApps that are built on top of EVM can be directly deployed on Quarckchain. To utilize high-scalability, Quarkchain will provide additional scalability-aware interface.